Director of Government Relations
CRES is seeking to fill a leadership position with a government affairs professional with strong political sense and exemplary management skills. Competitive applicants have at least 4-6 years of Capitol Hill experience, as well as knowledge of clean energy policy, relevant legislative efforts and public affairs strategies and tactics. This full-time position reports to the managing director.
- Develop CRES’ federal legislative and policy priorities in coordination with the managing director and director of policy and advocacy
- Track and advise on legislation relevant to CRES’ work and provide regular updates on member positions
- Develop strategies and tactics for implementing CRES’ federal policy outcomes
- Establish strong working relationships with Republican officeson key committees including Appropriations, the House Energy and Commerce and Natural Resources committees, and the Senate Energy and Natural Resources and Environment and Public Works committees.
- Advise on accountability and thank you efforts for targeted members who act on identified legislative/issue priorities
- Monitor/attend hearings on issues of importance to CRES, track activities of the committees of jurisdiction, and draft letters, statements, and other correspondence articulating CRES’ position
- Manage a team of external government relations consultants
Compensation and benefits
CRES offers a competitive salary and benefits package. CRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organizations’ work.
View more at www.citizensfor.com.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use “Government Relations Director” as the subject line for your e-mail.
About Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about commonsense, conservative solutions to address our nation’s need for abundant, reliable energy while preserving our environment.