Graham Leads Efforts to Create Jobs and Grow South Carolina’s Clean Energy Economy
WASHINGTON — Today, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) formally announced its endorsement of U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham in his reelection bid for the United States Senate.
In order to receive CRES’s endorsement, candidates must acknowledge a role for the federal government in reducing America’s carbon emissions and developing a robust clean energy industry, as well as demonstrate leadership on policy initiatives related to climate change and emissions reduction.
“Senator Lindsey Graham has championed smart, free-market energy policies that have helped create over 46,000 well-paying clean energy jobs for South Carolina,” said CRES Executive Director Heather Reams. “Senator Graham made an indelible mark in Congress for helping establish the Roosevelt Conservation Caucus, joining the Bipartisan Senate Climate Solutions Caucus, and supporting numerous policies that strengthen our energy economy, including legislation to help South Carolina farmers in their efforts to reduce carbon emissions. CRES is proud to endorse Lindsey Graham, a clean energy champion, for reelection.”
“Thanks to capitalism and technological advancements, millions of Americans enjoy one of the cleanest environments and highest standards of living,” said Senator Lindsey Graham. “Now, more than ever, this innovative spirit is needed to address environmental issues, which is why I founded the Roosevelt Caucus to bring together congressional Republicans to tackle these problems. Addressing climate change and clean energy is an opportunity to put our knowledge and can-do spirit to work to protect the environment for our benefit today and for future generations.”
Sen. Graham’s record on clean energy includes the following:
- Helped establish the Roosevelt Conservation Caucus and serves as a member of the Senate Climate Solutions Caucus.
- Co-sponsored the Growing Climate Solutions Act, legislation that helps solve technical entry barriers for farmer and forest landowner participation in carbon credit markets.
- Introduced the Energy Jobs for Our Heroes Act, a bill that establishes a program to prepare veterans for careers in the energy industry.
- Helped introduce the IMPACT for Energy Act, a bill that creates a nonprofit foundation to engage with the private sector to raise funds that support the development of innovative clean energy technologies.
- Co-sponsored the recent U.S. Senate resolution formally recognizing National Clean Energy Week 2020. The resolution passed the United States Senate by unanimous consent on Sept. 17, 2020.